If you’re in the mood for coleslaw but looking for a spicy edge and not into all the mayonnaise, then consider this vegan alternative featuring Sriracha sauce and grated ginger. If you really miss the mayo, I’m sure you could add it at your own risk quite successfully.
• 1 juice of 1 large lemon
• 1 tablespoon grated ginger
• ½ cup olive oil
• ¼ cup Sriracha sauce
• ½ tsp salt
• half of a medium cabbage, shredded
• half of a medium red cabbage, shredded
• 1 large carrot, shredded or matchsticks
1. Combine lemon juice, ginger, olive oil, Sriracha and kosher salt in a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly incorprated.
2. In a large bowl, stir in the Sriracha mixture into the cabbage, red cabbage and carrots.
3. Let slaw sit for at least 3 hours, or overnight then serve.