Every year around the Holidays this berry punch is my go-to drink to serve at parties, thanks to the availability of blueberry vodka and white cranberry juice by Ocean Spray. Who knows if they are actually harvesting and pressing juice out of unripe white cranberries, but I highly praise this juice for its non-tart, crisp taste, and lack of high fructose corn syrup.
For this punch I like to bring back the naturally tart edge of real cranberries infused in blueberry vodka, lime slices, and topped with your choice of champagne or ginger ale. For a more festive presentation you can cut the cranberries in half, but many people choose to leave them whole. Add the champagne or ginger ale separately to each glass so people can have a choice as well as preserve the carbonation.
- 6 ounces cranberries (1/2 bag)
- 1 liter Stoli Bluberry Vodka
- 1 liter plain vodka
- 64 fluid ounces (1 container) Ocean Spray White Cranberry Juice
- slices of 1 lime
- brut champagne of your choice
- 8 ounce cans of ginger ale (optional)
- Cut cranberries in half. To reduce the amount of seeds, place halved cranberries in a pot with a lid and shake vigorously to release seeds as much as possible. Sift halved cranberries in a wide holed strainer over a plate and seeds will fall through.
- Combine with blueberry and plain vodka in a medium container with a lid. Infuse this mixture overnight the day before serving, vodka will turn pink in color.
- The next morning, combine infused vodka with white cranberry juice and lime slices. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve over ice and top with champagne or ginger ale as desired.