Once you try my recipe for Ben’s Baked Mac ‘n Cheese you can indulge in its countless variations. Poblano peppers can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator until they are ready to be stuffed.
- 1 recipe of Ben’s Baked Mac ‘n Cheese
- 5 – 6 poblano peppers
- olive oil for brushing
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Roast the peppers over a direct flame until skins are charred on all sides. Set them aside to cool so they can be easily handled; also the skins will separate from the flesh easier from the cooling process.
- With your hands, gently strip the skins from the flesh making sure the pepper remains as whole as possible. You can also rinse the pepper in water to clean off any charred debris. Cut one vertical slit in one side of the peppers and use a paring knife to carefully remove the inner ribs, core and seeds.
- Once poblano peppers are prepared they can be used immediately or stored stored in the refrigerator the day before.
- Prepare a recipe as instructed for Ben’s Baked Mac ‘n Cheese except use the partially cooked cheese-coated macaroni to stuff into the peppers . Brush the sides with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, just until the cheese starts to gently bubble on the sides.
Yield: 5 – 6 peppers